Tuesday, April 22, 2008

seriously?

the ruskie has a leak in her bedroom. i called our "handyman" (who really, has yet to prove his handiness). him and his wife trotted over from next door and looked at the roof/ceiling. "yep, it's leaking." he said. no, shit. really?

here's the interesting part of the whole event though:

handy's wife: "now your [the gypsy], right?...cause i've met [the jew]."
me: "yep, that's me."
wife: "now which one is the other one? the one that looks like you but has longer hair?" (she even motioned to her back the approx length of the ruskie's hair)
me: "oh, that's [the ruskie]."
wife: "yeah, i couldn't remember which one of you i met. you look alike."

NO WE DON'T.

he's not handy. and she's not able to see. and really, i feel like our roof will continue to leak with these two on our side. hrmph.

7 comments:

Ann said...

WOW. I've never met you or even seen a picture... but the Jew and the Ruskie do not look alike! That's a crazy pair you have there (the handyman and his wife... not the Jew and the Ruskie...)

skalaney said...

oh, she totally knew which one was the jew. it was me and the ruskie she had a difficult time differentiating between. the only similarities, i think, between me and the ruskie is that we are both female, both white girls, and...well, that's it.

the ruskie's response when i told her was "hey, i'm not armenian!"

i'm at least a good 3 inches taller, at least 40lbs bigger, have blue eyes and light brown/redish hair. the ruskie...well, isn't any of those things.

we, and our roof, are screwed.

(i looked for a pic of myself to compare to the ruskie, but all of them are of my back or of me in SWAT gear. which isn't how i normally run around the house. much to my dismay.)

Lindsay said...

So did they fix the leaks in my room, or should I keep all my electronics unplugged?

Also, I did not realize that our next door neighbors were the handy people. That's kinda weird.

skalaney said...

they did not fix the leak. they will be working on it tonight after 630pm. he didn't know what was wrong with it. she says it's because the gutter is no longer attached to the house (this makes us sound so ghetto, just putting that out there). he's going to reattach them and then hose down the area to see if that's the issue. at the worst, your floor will be power washed.

(i could have probably IMed this to you.)

Ann said...

You guys crack me up. Someone's gotta have a pic of you from the front and not in swat gear. Or are you like me and are constantly behind the camera?

Ann said...

You're so right... and by the way, you cracked me up with the facebook thing.

I have a singer friend who has exactly the same name as you... small world!

skalaney said...

your singer friend and i actually went to college together. i often got her crap in my email.