Wednesday, April 23, 2008

all evidence is admissable, except for that which is not.

ann (who i don't nearly well enough to give a politically incorrect moniker to) said today that the world is quite a small one when we think about it. she was referencing the fact that i went to school with a girl she is now friends with. how does this make anything relevant in the small world category? let me explain it to you.

first off the jew and ann have known each other since they were pretty much fetuses. they're bff's. like, for serious. ann went to school at IU (my semi-alma mater) where she made friends with a girl with the EXACT same name as me (in fact i used to get her email all the time). flash forward 3 years and the jew and i are now friends.

okay, slightly small world, right? now watch this.

the jew's parents went to Purdue (my other semi-alma mater). my very close friend (and mother of the oh-so-adorable infant we managed to not kill), becky's (another jew), mother and father went to school with the jew's parents.

okay, semi-smaller world, yes? here's the kicker.

the jew's grandmother used to live on the same street as my cousins do in sacramento. xmas 2005 we were both in sacramento at the same time, on the same day, on the same block. i even went for a run past her grandmother's house. after searching online for the address i was able to remember that there were people outside that house that day. there wasn't any xmas decorations (surprise). i remember this. it may have been the jew out there. weird.

ann said that "it shows that people meet for the right reasons." i like to think that this is true. i'm just hoping that the reason i met the jew wasn't so she could steal my dog when we eventually move apart. :)

(i don't know what the point of this entry was other than to stall me having to get ready for work. it worked. i'm now 20 minutes behind schedule. go me!)

1 comment:

Ann said...

You'll come up with a nickname for me eventually, no doubt. :)

I'm used to my industry being small and everyone knowing each other... but it is still startling when the rest of the world occasionally turns out to be that small.

Can't wait to meet Tucker!