Friday, April 11, 2008

ICE, Freeze!

so. i spent the night in the ER last night. shocking, yes? whatev.

it all started with a mild panic attack feeling (ended up being something a little more serious) that left me in need of my great peeps over at GERMS. they roll up to my headquarters and check me out. get me on the stretcher, etc. transport me to the hospital. thanks guys!

my sgt. calls my ICE (in case of emergency) person: the jew. who, of course, has her phone on silent. thanks, jew! eventually they get a hold of her.

the jew texts me "some ICE i am. you're in the hospital and i'm still at home."
(turns out SHE was really sick too...it's a sympathy sickness thing i think :) )

so, no, she didn't roll out at midnight to the ER to watch me be poked, prodded, xrayed (where the tech actually took my phone and entered his # in it, btw. creepy & unprofessional all in one!), tubed, bled dry, etc. but she was able to give the EMTs all my usual vitals over the phone so they knew what my baseline was. and she did spend nearly half the time i was there texting with me in order to...i don't know. i felt less alone. (maybe she was just out of things to do online.)

so, while she thinks she's not a very good ICE, i have to say i wouldn't trade her for anyone else.

and as i texted to her after the morphine kicked in: "Regardless of the type of ICE you thinj you are i still thinj youre the bert."

did you hear that, jew? you're the bert. :)

No comments: