Thursday, June 12, 2008

This Could Only Happen at 23:00...

So seeing as I am down to 2 days before I depart this fine country for Israel, I decided I should do laundry... I don't own a lot of clothes so I thought I should probably wash them. After successfully doing my first load, I popped in the second, smaller load. 25 minutes later, I went in to check on the dryer and alas, found approximately 1.5 inches of water filling our laundry room floor. Instead of immediately stopping the washer, I first ensured I had back up in the form of the Ruskie. She just stared at the water in disbelief, the look usually reserved for, how the hell does this happen, as I began to broom the water outside (I didn't know what else to do). Alas, 20 minutes later, very little water was left thanks to my kick ass car dryer cloth. Photos to come because thankfully the Ruskie had her camera handy... although this potentially could have been a great test for my new waterproof camera case.

3 comments:

gypsy said...

omg. I cant leave you alone for 30 minutes before you start flooding the house? (i always figured youd burn it down, actually ;) )

I'm also amazed that it was the washer to flood the house and not the 2500 gallons of water we once had in the "pool". If it had gotten really bad you could have jus busted out our sand and made some sand bags....

And why did I have to find this out at 0200hrs via the blog?!

Ann said...

Brilliant... and yes, this can only happen at 2300.

I'm going to miss you while you're gone!

Lindsay said...

Yeah, seriously...after all that water in the pool...it's the damn washing machine that does it!