Saturday, May 3, 2008

i'm doomed to too many nights on the couch watching Bones with the jew...

had a conversation last night with a girl i was interested in dating:

girl: "i don't think i can date you."
me: "um...ok....why not?"
girl: "because you're already in a relationship."
me: "i am?"
girl: "you are. whether you want to admit it or not, you're already in a relationship with your roommate."
me: "i am not. we are not."
girl: "you are. you're just in a sexless relationship."
me: "we're just really good friends."
girl: "you're closer than any people i've seen. roommates don't act the way you two do...neither of you are that close with your other roommate, i bet...hell, you said she came home from work just to bring you soup the other day when you weren't feeling well...i bet you've done the same thing for her..."
me: "um...it's just what we do."
girl: "you guys are adopting a dog together."
me: "it's not really together...it just looks that way because of the way we have to fill out the paperwork."
girl: "you're trying too hard to justify your 'friendship'"
me: "i...we're not even as close as we used to be."
girl: "i can't imagine you two any closer...look, you're already in a relationship and she sounds like the best kind of girlfriend you could ask for...i can't compete with her....you should just give up on looking for someone to date, you already have someone..."
me: "that's not the case, but if that's how you feel...i don't know what to say to any of this..."
girl: "if it's not the case, you just need to make your move on her because you're already together."
me: "again, don't know what to say to that or you at this point."
girl: "if things ever change between you and her, give me a call."
me::::sigh:::


this is also not the first time a girl i've been interested in dating has said this type of thing to me.

then today at a mini softball practice:

LT (coach): "where's your girl?"
me: "what?"
LT: "where's [the jew]?"
me: "oh, at home mowing the lawn...she just called...had a straight girl mowing the lawn freak out moment...always funny."
LT: "wait...she's straight?"
me: "yes."
LT: "really?"
me: "yes."
LT: "i thought you two....well, you guys seemed like you were trying very hard last week to come across as not a couple for the sake of the other girls...."
me: "we weren't trying, we're not a couple."
LT: "oh...hmm...really? cause we were all thinking that you two are a really cute couple....you guys look good together...move well together."
me: "not a couple."
LT: "if you say so...but i don't believe it."
me: "that's fine. no one else does either."
LT: "you know, [other teammate] is interested in you but she doesn't want to step on anyone's toes...you know, [the jews]. after seeing you two together i told her that she shouldn't even try...i'm sorry."
me: "omg...i'm doomed to be single...." :::walks off:::

i don't even have a witty closing to this one. at all. i'm just frustrated. but, if i have to change my friendship with the jew in order to find someone that wants to date me, they're probably not worthy of dating to begin with. still frustrating though.

No comments: