Tuesday, March 11, 2008

our living situation/relationship creates these kinds of questions for us...

"it says cohabitant...is that you? are you my cohabitant?"

"what are you talking about?"

"my SF86*...it asks 'spouse, dependents, cohabitants'...are you my cohabitant?"

"i dunno...have we gotten to that point? my friends do call you my straight domestic partner...cohabitant? i don't know what they're asking."

"me neither. what do you think it means?"

"i dunno.maybe it's like, ya know, the politically correct version of asking if you're gay....it would be better tax benefits...."

"hmmm. i dunno."

still not sure how she ended up filling it out. hopefully it was the correct way, whichever she put down.

we don't want the federal government thinking we're gettin' it on too. (we're not)



*sf86 is the federal background check paperwork

No comments: